The PD Bank Management Team (Management Team) is determined by the Smathers Libraries. This Management Team recommends policy, operational and financial changes, and provides an Annual Report, with any recommendations and/or funding requests, for Steering Committee discussion and, as appropriate, approval. Substantive changes and requests will reflect guidance, input or feedback from the PD Bank User Advisory Group (User Advisory Group).
- Bonnie J. Smith, Director, Human Resources, University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries. Responsible for engagement with RL Personnel Officers. Primary coordinator and director for all communication with ARL Personnel Officers for focus groups, surveys, communications, and evaluations.
- Brian W. Keith, Associate Dean for Administrative Services and Faculty Affairs, University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries. Responsible for overall project direction, implementation, and high-level coordination of the UF Leadership Team, RL Project Liaison, and Contributors.
- Juliana Rojas Perez, Human Resources Assistant, University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries.
- Chelsea Johnston, Scholarly Publishing & Repository Librarian, University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries.
- Laurie N. Taylor, Senior Director for Library Technology & Digital Strategies, University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries.
- RL Personnel Officers contributing through focus groups and other feedback channels.
Former Team Members
- Todd Digby, Chair of Library Technology Services, UF.
- Mark V. Sullivan, Head, Digital Development & Web Services, UF.
- Phase 3 Funding Proposal (2021)
- Phase 2, Funding Proposal (2017)
- Funding Proposal (April 2012)
- Handout for ARL Directors Meeting (April 2012)
- Live Online Demonstration and Q&A Sessions for ARL Institutions (February 2013 – ongoing)
- Presentation for ARL Directors Meeting (May 2013)
- Final Report & Recommendation of the ARL PD Bank Working Group (October 2013)
- System and Usage Statistics
- ASERL and CARL
Research Citing the RL/ARL PD Bank
- Keith, B. W. & Smith, B. J. & Taylor, L. N. “Building a Collaborative Position Description Archive as a Community of Practice.” portal: Libraries and the Academy, vol. 17 no. 2, 2017, pp. 419-434. Project MUSE, https://doi.org/10.1353/pla.2017.0026 and OA: https://ufdc.ufl.edu/AA00037769/00001
- Amy Chen, Sarah Pickle, and Heather Waldroup. “Changing and Expanding Libraries: Exhibitions, Institutional Repositories, and the Future of Academia,” in The Process of Discovery: The CLIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Program and the Future of the Academy (Eds. John C. Maclachlan, Elizabeth A. Waraksa, and Christa Williford). Washington, DC: Council on Library and Information Resources, September 2015.
- Bonnie Jean Smith. “The case for international collaboration in academic library management, human resources and staff development.” IFLA Journal (June 2015) 41: 140-152, doi:10.1177/0340035215580140.
- “Crossing the Line in Museums and Libraries.” Conference Presentation. Presenters: Meg Brown (Exhibits Librarian Duke University Libraries), Lourdes Santamaría-Wheeler (Exhibits Coordinator George A. Smathers Libraries, University of Florida), Catherine J. Trujillo (Exhibits and Art Management Curator Robert E. Kennedy Library, California Polytechnic State University), Celia Walker (Director of Special Projects Vanderbilt University Library); American Alliance of Museums Annual Meeting; Atlanta, GA (Apr. 29, 2015).
RL/ARL PD Bank in the News
- “UF Top Publications: ARL PD Bank (database)” Library Publishing Directory 2014 (Oct. 2013)
- “ARL Debuts Position Description Bank” Library Journal (Feb. 7, 2013)
- “ARL Position Description Bank Launches” ARL Announce (Feb. 1, 2013)
- “ARL Position Description Bank Demo at ALA Midwinter” Against the Grain (Jan. 24, 2013)
- “ARL Position Description Bank Demo” ARL Weekly Update (Jan. 11, 2013)
- “ARL Position Description Bank Demo to Be Held at ALA Midwinter” ARL News (Dec. 5, 2012)
- ARL PD Bank mentioned in “Update on the BRDI [Board on Research Data and Information] Symposium on Digital Curation in the Era of Big Data,” University of Massachusetts E-Science Blog (August 9, 2012)